Corrections Victoria is investigating after private files of prisoners became available to a jail’s inmates in an alarming computer security breach.
The breach has raised concerns that the information — including some prisoners’ bank details and names and addresses of family contacts — could be used to stand over or threaten inmates and their families.
The details were contained in a back-up folder on the desktop of communal computers at the Beechworth Correctional Centre’s library, which are available for prisoners’ use.
All freedoms come with limits; it seems only proper that the vast freedoms of the Internet be subject to the same rule of law and protections that we accept for the rest of society.
- Find hotels according to what is important to you, such as price, location, amenities, and user ratings.
- Review accurate and detailed information about those hotels, including photos and amenities.
- View location information to help you decide where to stay.
- Keep track of your top choices with the Save button.
- Connect with hotels and vendors to reserve a room or ask for more information.”