- How many entities are tracking users online?
- What vectors (technologies) are most popular for tracking users?
- Is there displacement (i.e. a shift from one tracking technology to another) in tracking practices?
- Is there greater concentration of tracking companies online?
- What entities have the greatest potential for online tracking and why?"
- When the country elected Barack Obama just four years ago, Twitter was a fledgling startup. During the campaign, Obama overtook Kevin Rose as the most followed person on Twitter, passing him at 56,482 followers.
- Five years ago, according to Pew, less than half of Americans used email daily; less than a third used a search engine.
- YouTube was founded in 2005 and Facebook in 2004 -- and it would be a while after that until they became such integral parts of our day-to-day Internet experience.
- Today nearly
half of Americans own a smartphone. The iPhone is five years